Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The First...

You inspire me to seek the words that have been so long forgotten. They come now with such an urgency that my mind and my pen cannot contain them a moment longer.

These words speak of friendship, of love lost to youthful naivety, of a trust so profound and deep that it has never again graced my life. These words heal as a truth inside of me that has long lain dormant begins to blossom and grow. They take root and give hope where there was doubt.

The fires that once burned brightly but were suffocated by life are now re-ignited. It is beauty and love. It is kindness and hope. It pulls forth a faith that is as simple and honest as it is pure. It is strength and mercy, courage and grace.

In your smile there is a truth that cannot be denied. In your eyes, a light that puts the moon and stars to shame. Your whisper of love can be heard through the softly swaying trees on an autumn day.

It is what was. What brings joy and an undeniable hope - a hope that is now unstoppable back into my life. The words that were once forgotten, that have come back with such clarity and love, simply put, is You.

1 comment:

  1. This was written for a dear friend of mine. He is and always will be close to my heart.

    ReplyDelete